Wikipedia entry for BLW

Wednesday, September 27, 2006
I have been quietly complaining about the low quality of the Wikipedia entry for BLW for ages. I am delighted that someone went through the trouble of creating one, but it's had a "requires cleanup"-tag for ages and I just wish someone would have done the job already. Actually, I have had my Wikipedia account for a while now, but I couldn't possibly take such a heavily loaded task upon myself! Or could I?

The only reason I even started re-organising, re-wording and finally re-writing the entry was, that I'm getting sick of building my own BLW emporium here at the BLWbaby. I've managed to get the recipes section half-heartedly up an running. This means drawing up a plan for it, building a frame (which is what you see if you click on the "Recipes"-link on the top panel) with links to all the nice stuff that's going to be there one day, then losing concentration and interest for a few days. It's still very unfinished but I'm hoping to get all the promised stuff up there the month is over.

There is a strong admiration of Wikipedia in our little family, but I wouldn't have thought to be contributing to it in a million years. It seems so big and full of intriguing information, that the idea of writing or even modifying an article seemed daunting. I don't consider myself an expert in any subject (well, in maybe a couple of very, very specific subjects), but I could think of a good few ways to make the article more informative for someone who has never even heard of baby-led weaning before.

After all, the article doesn't have to be perfect - if there is a problem with it, anyone is free to correct, delete and add in the article as they see fit. At least I have done my part, and it feels nice.